Wednesday, August 24, 2016

It's Christmas, I mean Wednesday...

Tuesday is like Christmas Eve to me.  I get so excited because I know the next day I will get to read a bunch of emails from my beautiful daughter.  We actually get to have some back-and-forth emails and I get caught up on her week.  I just love Wednesdays; they are like having Christmas every week for me.  Enough rambling here's her email this week:

こんにちは,
The good stuff:
-I saw Brandon Clark and Nathan Gerrard this week! It's always great to see people that I knew outside of the MTC.
-Sweater Saturday!! We died from heat but having a photoshoot made it so fun. Now every Saturday is Sweater Saturday.
-My roommates and I told each other our first impressions of each other and they were pretty funny. Only one girl said she hated me (we're cool now though).
-We played "What are the odds" at dinner on Saturday and my companion had to drink meat juice mixed with ketchup, mayo, salt, pepper and orange juice. She spit it out and let out a little scream because of how gross it was and one of the MTC workers came over and asked if she was okay. I was crying, I was laughing so hard.
-We are now Daisenpai (means we have been here the longest out of all the Japanese missionaries) and we get new Kohai today (new people that are going to Japan) super excited for that!!

Spiritual:
-So my companion and I were studying outside in the evening and we noticed that this girl was crying at another table. We decided to go up to her and share a scripture with her that we had read in companion study (Alma 26:27 - Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success). We asked her where she was going and she said Sweden!! It was her first week in the MTC and she was really struggling. We gave her some advice and just told her to do her best and rely on the Lord. Her and her companion both thanked us so much and told us that it was exactly what they needed. Then while we were talking to them, this Elder comes around with a huge pan of brownies and gives one to each of us. What a tender mercy. It was such a cool experience.
-We had a devotional given by Juan A. Uceda of the seventy, and it was one of my favorite devotionals by far. He was such a cute, humble, and nice old man, I just wanted to go give him a hug. He was a convert himself, born in Lima, Peru and he told us his conversion story. He then spoke to us as if he was still an investigator. He told exactly what he needed, "I need help, I need someone who is there for me, I need guidance, I need you to show me how, pray with me." He goes on to say, "See me as a human being, a precious soul, a child of god." It was seriously so powerful. I absolutely loved everything he said and it made me even more motivated. I want to do everything I can do be the best missionary I can be.

Other:
-Food is still not the best, really looking forward to the food in Japan.
-I HAVE LESS THAN 3 WEEKS LEFT IN THE MTC!! HOME STRETCH.
-Japanese is so so hard, but it is coming, it is coming, slowly but surely.
あいしてます,
Wunderli Shimai
Pics (going down):
1. District pic, we're hot I know
2. Kamae Choro and I are the only Utes in our zone
3. Laundry room Polaroid pic
4. Sweater Saturday
5. Can I bring a fork to Japan?






 That's all for this week.  As always, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section and your emails / letters to Jordan are very much appreciated by us and especially by her.  She LOVES them.  Her email is jordan.wunderli@myldsmail.net.  Make it a great day and a better week.



No comments:

Post a Comment