Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Cool Missionary Stuff From Sister Jordan Wunderli

My favorite day of the week has finally arrived.  I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, countdown and all.  Tuesday is Christmas Eve and Wednesday morning is Christmas morning (without the cinnamon rolls but with the best presents ever - minus the wrapping paper and the need to assemble stuff - LOL).  Jordan really loves the letters she's been getting via DearElder.com so thank you so much to those who have registered there and sent them.  For those who would like to send a physical letter to her through DearElder.com, it's free to set up an account and free to send the letter while she's in the MTC (cheap when she's in Japan).  Her unit number is 82.  Her mission code is JPN-TOK and her estimated MTC departure date is SEP13.  That said, she loves getting emails as well - jordan.wunderli@myldsmail.net - and can read them everyday during free time.  She doesn't have a lot of time on her P-day (preparation day) so she may not be able to respond individually to everyone every time but please know that she loves and appreciates all of your support.  Now to Jordan's email:

こんにちは,
I'VE BEEN HERE A MONTH!! Only 5 more weeks to go haha
First off I would just like to say thank you to everyone who sent me a dearelder/letter it really means so much and makes me so happy.
FUN TIMES:
-It was an Elder in my districts birthday on Monday and his mom sent him a package full of birthday cake, decorations, a candle, and some drinks. So after cleaning our classroom,Monday night, we went outside and had a birthday party for him and it was a blast.
-Since no balls are allowed in the MTC, my district played catch with a pocket-size Japanese/English dictionary. We got a few papercuts but it was pretty fun.
-We got Kohai!! (Just means that we finally got some more people going to Japan in the MTC). There are so many of the them, but the ones I've talked to seem way cool.
-I played the flute for the first time in years. You can rent instruments here for free so I rented a flute one day and played a few hymns.
-In my weekly email from my branch president he told me he was going to teach me the BYU fight song hahaha
-We watched "Ephraim's Rescue" for our Sunday night movie night and two people kissed in it and the WHOLE MTC clapped and made "ohhhh" noises. It was absolutely hilarious #missionprobs 
LANGUAGE/CLASS/RANDOM
-I'm sick. And it seriously sucks. I miss my mommy who takes the best care of me when I'm sick and my dog to comfort me!!
-Japanese isn't getting much easier.. it's honestly the hardest thing ever.
SPIRITUAL:
-Elder Neil L. Andersen of the quorum of the 12 apostles came and spoke for our Tuesday night devotional. It was also his birthday so the whole MTC sang happy birthday to him. A few key things he said:
     •learning how to be a missionary is not complex, but it isn't easy
     •learn how to speak about the savior if nothing else
     •believe in miracles
     •DON'T BE DISCOURAGED, BE FULL OF COURAGE
-So my roommates and I had the coolest experience this past Sunday. It was our first fastSunday in the MTC and it was the absolute best.
     •My roommates and I had just gotten out of sacrament meeting and we were looking for a quiet place to end our group fast. We turned down a vacant hallway and went into a cramped, dark copy room (room A120 to be exact). Silence. We were squished together, trying to decide on who was going to offer the prayer. "Having a meeting in here, are we?" We look and a guy named Brother Nilsson was standing in the doorway. "Where are you sisters going on your missions?"
     "Tokyo," we replied. What we thought was going to become another, "oh good luck with the language, pray for the gift of tongues" talk, took a turn.
      He stood in the light, all of us in the dark, and testified to us. "It's not about the Japanese, it's about calling down the power of heavens and teaching with the spirit, if you do this, it won't matter if you speak Portuguese to the Japanese people, they will feel it in their hearts."
     "A powerful missionary testifies."
     "The MTC is not a school, it's a spiritual experience where you can walk with God."
     "You will be stronger on your knees than you ever will be on your feet."
     Just as soon as he came, he was gone. We looked up at each other as if to get reassurance from each other that that really did happen, and it wasn't just a dream. He testified with such power and conviction, and it is something I will never forget. I swear, he was one of the three Nephites or an angel.
あいしてます,
Sister Wunderli
PICS (going down):
1) the delicious cupcakes that my fam sent
2) weekly district temple pic
3) celebrating Elder Michelson's birthday
4) my favorite zone leaders with an illegal selfie (despite what it looks like, we're friends)
5) another birthday partyyy pic








I hope you enjoy her updates and can feel the spirit that she radiates through her messages.  She is giving a year and a half of her life in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and doesn't get money in return.  She gets something far more valuable - the blessings that come from serving Him and sharing His gospel.  Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments and ask any questions you have.  We all love and appreciate your support.  Make it a great day and a better week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment