Monday, September 25, 2017

I've Hit Double Digits

Well once again it's later than normal.  I actually got her email a few hours ago in the early evening on Monday (not late Sunday night or early Monday morning like we have been getting them most of the time).  I got sidetracked by a few things and now I'm ready to hit the hay but I thought I'd get her email up so that you can see what's going on with Jordan Wunderli in the Japan, Tokyo mission.  Thanks for reading and enjoy.

こんにちは、
I'M STAYING IN MY BELOVED NAKANO!! I am blessed to have another transfer in Nakano. And to make things even better, I'm staying with Morelock shimai for another transfer! Here's to another transfer full of laughs, hard work, miracles, sushi, smoothies, failed attempts at being healthy, stress, embarrassing moments, and facemasks.

愛するRyoko:
Ryoko continues to amaze me. We had a lesson with her and introduced the plan of salvation. Well again, she had her highlighter ready and would highlight her favorite parts. She's also been praying everyday without us reminding her! She had a job interview right after the lesson and told us that she prayed the night before that the interview would go well and she would get the job. Well... She got the job.. and on top of that, she messaged us after and she said, and I copy and paste, "thanks to praying... I got the job!!" Let me write that one more time in case you misread that, THANKS TO PRAYING, I GOT THE JOB!! She makes me so happy!! She's my eternal friend. ♡

Sara, get baptized!! *eye roll*
We haven't been able to meet with her at all for awhile because she's been traveling. We were finally able to meet her to go to lunch this week and it was amazing. We found out that she's been keeping the word of wisdom. She told us that she loved tea but hasn't been drinking it because she knows she needs to follow the word of wisdom. She also looked up a church when she was out of town and went!! She was telling us how she loves church and how she believes in Jesus Christ and God and knows that they are there. When the elders were referring her to us (she's been an investigator since January), they told us that she felt super pressured to be baptized and doesn't want to at all, but she keeps all the commandments (except baptism lol), and believes it's all true. I have to admit, we were too chicken to bring up baptism during our lunch appointment, but have no fear, we are meeting with her this week and were going to bring it up. To be continued...

Our child has gone down the wrong path:
Okay kind of bummer, but miyuki, the one who wanted to get baptized just last week, dropped off the face of the earth. We have not been able to get in contact with her at all. We will see that happens this next week, but we might have to drop her. Sad, but it happens. #faithtofind #faithtodrop

So pumped to be in Nakano for another transfer. This is also my 10th transfer, but who's counting. Time isn't slowing down! And luckily for me, the work isn't either. 

愛しています、
Wunderli姉妹

Pics:
1. TASUKU. He's a genius. 
2. Smoothie bowls. Yum.
3-6. There's this app called snow in Japan. All the Japanese girls are doing it. 
7. Live at Takdanoababa. The most popping English class in Japan. 
8. Can you read this? 
9. I made a cake for Morelock shimai's birthday.. it was the most legit cake I've ever made. It even had coconut frosting. It was sooo good. 
10. Oh yeah and I made it in a rice cooker #noovens 
11. Sushi with Sara
12. What a cutie.  














If you've read this far, there's one more surprise email that we got from on of Jordan's companions.  We got it on Sunday evening and were a bit shocked by it just because we hadn't had any communication with her before.  She is going home this week so that's an exciting time for her and I'm sure she was thinking back on her mission and felt compelled to share her feelings about Jordan with us.  Here they are:

Her subject line was "About your incredible daughter."  Here's the body of the email with names removed:

Hi brother and sister Wunderli!

I am about to finish my mission and go home this week, and I just wanted to email you two and tell you how amazing Jordan is and what an amazing missionary she has become! 

I've known Wunderli shimai from her first day in Japan and I've gotten to work with her throughout my whole mission:) she is one of the most dedicated, hard working, talented missionaries in the entire mission! That's why she was called as a leader so young. President Nagano trusts her so much and has given her so much responsibility. I and so many other missionaries have been so blessed by her love, humor, and example:)

Jordan has truly become converted to the Lord on her mission and is blessing so many lives. She is going to do some serious work in the lords kingdom during her life. I'm so so grateful to be her eternal friend. Thank you for raising such an amazing missionary and friend!

I look foreword to meeting you both at Jordan's homecoming in December!

That's all a parent could ever ask for.  I love Jordan with all of my heart and I'm so proud of the young woman she is and the fantastic, hard-working, loving, compassionate missionary she is.  I feel so blessed to have shared her with the people of Japan for this time but I can't wait to she's back home with me.  Like always, thanks for your love and support and your emails, prayers and snail mail.  Back with more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment