Monday, September 4, 2017

Coming At You live With...

As we get closer to the end of Jordan's mission, I expect that time WILL slow down.  I am 100% certain that when she is on the flight home, time will actually stop - at least for me.  This week, however, it is still moving at a decent speed and more good, exciting stuff is happening for her and her companion.  Check it out and thanks for reading.

Jimmy Osmond and an Olympic gymnast!! *the crowd goes wild*

こんにちは、
I'm just going to get right into it...
Jimmy Osmond and the Olympian:
•Jimmy Osmond: For those of you who don't know who Jimmy Osmond is.. ask my grandma.. just kidding.. but Jimmy Osmond was on a famous TV show and he and his family were the Osmond family (pretty famous, don't know much about them), but they did meet the Queen of England and Elvis Presely if that says anything. Well he came to Tokyo this last week and held a fireside in one of the church buildings and the missionaries were allowed to go as long as they brought an investigator, so we brought two!  It was a great fireside and him and his family were able to share why they loved the church which was great for our investigators. Also, apparently Jimmy osmond actually had his first hit single in Japan and he was quite famous here back in the day.

•the Olympian: There we were, doing our normal streeting and talking to as many people as we possibly can. My companion stops this girl and while they are talking I realize that she is super buff, especially for Japanese girl (they usually have pretty thin arms). I was quite impressed with how much muscle she had! Then I noticed her shirt said Rio on it, and on the sleeve of her shirt.. the Olympic rings.. I asked her if she went to the Rio Olympics and she said yes! She was a gymnast for the Japan team! I was not able to watch the Olympics due to the fact I was already on my mission, so I asked her how she did and how Japan did. They got 4th for gymnastics, which is pretty darn good! She told us that she is currently training for the Tokyo 2020 olympics!! But what's even cooler than that, she wants to come to our English class!! We even exchanged contact info!!

愛するRyoko:
Ryoko san is doing amazing. She is on track for her baptismal date and has kept every single commitment we've given her. She high lights all of her favorite scriptures and she does her reading assignments the day we give them to her. We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ this week and she just kept saying "woah, woah, woah" with the biggest smile on her face. She is seriously soaking every little bit in. The day before church, she texted us to tell us how excited she was to go to church. We never have to follow up with her because she will just text her and say, "I read the pamphlet you gave me and it was amazing!" I could go on and on about her. She is the best and we are meeting her tomorrow!

Inspiration:
I won't go into much detail about this one but it's amazing to see the inspiration and direction we've been getting as STL's for the sisters in our zone. A couple of the sisters were having a really rough time and Sister Morelock and I really felt prompted to go to their area to help them. We questioned it at first, because we had just done an exchange with them, but after praying about it and thinking it out, we decided to just cancel our plans and go. I'm so glad we went. We were there for quite awhile, but they needed us, and we were able to be there for them. Everything ended up working out and everyone is doing well. I'm so grateful for the guidance and inspiration that came to me and my companion.

Just Japan (Tokyo mission) things:
•The most expensive missionary apartment in the world is in my mission. Kind of cool right? It's in shibuya which is right in the heart of Tokyo and one area over from where I am (Nakano). Well I will be moving there this week!! There is a new senior couple coming to our mission and while they look for a new apartment, they have to stay in our apartment, so President Nagano has asked that we move to the shibuya sisters apartment (that area is currently closed to the sisters right now).  Since nakano is our actual area, we will have to commute about two hours in total everyday... We will be losing a lot of time, but the Lord will consecrated the time we do have! We move on Thursday.

Word of the week:
Word: muki muki
Pronunciation: moo-key-moo-key
Meaning: muscular

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for everything.
愛しています、
Wunderli 姉妹

•Akane and her burger 
•The temple 
•cool building
•愛するcherry burger 
•ya know that bike life 
•ice cream with the dibbles!
•Korean food on exchanges 
•yuki the Olympian (look at her muki muki arms)
•bliss 










I love how she is being blessed in so many different ways and some of the reason for that is because of your prayers and support that you give through your emails and letters.  Thanks for your support and for reading.  Back for more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment