Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Eaten Alive...AND...Living in the Lap of Luxury

The report is a little late this week because we didn't get Jordan's emails until last night (Monday night).  More good stuff in this week's email.  As always, thanks for your support and thanks for reading.



こんにちは、
I think I have about 30 bug bites over my body and wow do they itch. Why am I telling you this? I don't know.. but it has been my life for the past month so I thought maybe I'd clue you in a bit. The mosquitoes really seem to like me, but of course Heavenly Father always comes through and I never seem to be itchy when I'm with investigators. 

Speaking of our lovely investigators.. I'll talk about 2 today.

The lovely Ryoko:
I could talk about Ryoko for hours! She is the best. Ryoko has a baptismal date for October 29th and she is progressing sooo well. She came to church for the first time and the members were so impressed by her. She prayed at the end of gospel principles class without any help from anyone; (she even remembered to pray in the name of Jesus Christ) it was a proud mom moment right there. Earlier in the week we had a lesson on prophets and connected it to the book of Mormon which she's already been reading. We told her about our current prophet, Thomas S. Monson and we showed a picture of him. Well fast forward 5 days and she sees a picture of him at church, points to it, and says, "That's Thomas S. Monson, the prophet!" The members were so shocked. Honestly, she fit right in with the members, I actually forgot a couple of times that she wasn't a member. She even participated in relief society! We had a couple of lessons with her and one of them was a little shorter because we didn't want to move to fast with her and when we finished she goes, "Wait that's it?" She wanted to learn more!! I could talk about her forever, but you get the jist, she's amazing. 

The confusing Miyuki: 
Miyuki loves family history and she wants her ancestors to be baptized (baptisms for the dead). We had a lesson with her a few weeks ago where we talked about the plan of salvation and baptism. She told us very clearly that she did not want to get baptized anytime soon. We ended the lesson on a little bit of a weird note, but all was well. She came to church this Sunday with a huge stack of family history work done and in the church's format. A huge stack. We went to the family history class with her and she shows it to the couple who teaches it and asked what she needs to do next in order for her ancestors to get baptized. They were completely shocked at all the work she had done in just a week and asked her if she was going to get baptized and she said no. It was a little strange because she had no interest in getting baptized for her ancestors, she just wants them to receive baptism and she doesn't care by who, but she wants it done in September. We have no clue why, when we asked her, she wouldn't give an answer. Yeah, we are a little confused, so Sister Nagano (our mission president's wife) is going to come and participate in the next lesson. Don't worry, I'll keep you all posted ;) 

The most expensive missionary apartment in the world:
I can definitelysee how it's the most expensive missionary apartment in the world. First of all, it's HUMONGOUS. Second of all, it's sooo nice. It has heated floors, and the toilet seat opens when you walk into the bathroom and flushes automatically. We also have a dish washer and no one in Japan has a dish washer because they are so expensive. Third of all, it's in Tokyo like the heart and center of Tokyo. It's craziness. But it is a little hard for commuting back and forth to our area. It makes the days a little longer and a little more tiring, but all is well. 

I love the opportunity I have to teach His gospel and to serve His children. I love being with our investigators and members.  I love that I can literally feel His love for them. I love being a missionary. 
愛しています、

Pics:
1 and 2: the new apartment is nice, but it doesn't have a view like our old one...
3. Sister dibble had to go to the hospital so we visited her
4. TASUKU aka my favorite kid ever ❤❤❤
5 and 6. Some pday fun 
7 and 8. Tokyo during the day vs. Tokyo at night 










I hope you enjoyed Jordan's email this week.  I always look forward to them with great anticipation to see what kind of progress she's making with her current investigators as well as finding new ones.  Make it a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment