Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Mama Mia

Well...again it's later than normal but who knows what normal is anymore.  She explains why her email is late in the email along with some other good stuff.  Today, 2 is my lucking number.  Not that I'm counting, and thankfully, time is still going by pretty quickly, but today Jordan is 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days from being home.  Anyway, thanks for reading.  I hope you enjoy this weeks update from her.

こんにちは、
Wow what a week. My mind is going about a thousand miles per hour right now, so forgive me of my bad writing skills, and lack of an email today. Also, forgive my lateness; we changed our pday to Tuesday because of how crazy busy we were on Monday

Ryoko: We had a lesson with her this past week and taught her the plan of salvation. She came to the lesson and looked a little sad, and told us that her friend had passed away of pneumonia while she was in her hometown. What a perfect time to teach the plan of salvation. The crazy thing is, we had originally planned to teach her the plan of salvation the week before and then begin the commandments this week, but due to the shortness of time we had to rearrange it and teach it this week. Well that was completely God's timing! He new exactly when Ryoko needed to hear the plan of salvation. After the lesson, Ryoko told us that it was ,"the perfect lesson" and, "exactly what she needed to hear." We're starting to teach the commandments from here on out so please pray for her!! 

Mamma mia Miyuki: About 99.9% of my stress comes from Miyuki. Love her, but wow. Now I know how my parents felt/feel about me! Well she finally decided to message us back after a few days of not responding to us last week. She messaged us on Tuesday saying she was coming to church. We messaged her back and asked if we could meet before Sunday for a lesson. She said she was busy but asked if we could meet before church on Sunday. Great. We texted her back and Sked her if 9am worked. No response. Messaged her again on Saturday, no response until 8:45pm (15 minutes before curfew), she said yes she could meet. On Sunday morning, we rushed to find a douseki (a member for the lesson), and we called the elders and told them we wouldn't be able to go to DCS (missionary coordination meeting). At 8:55am, we got a text from her saying that she has to cancel and she's so sorry and she wants to meet some other time. Ughhhh. We haven't been able to meet her in forever. Well luckily sister Nagano (the mission presidents wife) came to our ward today and we were able to talk with her about it. Long story short, we started a group message with Miyuki and sister Nagano and because Miyuki has so much respect for sister Nagano she actually replies. Sister Nagano has got our backs, everything is going to be okay.

There were more things that happened this week, but I can't focus and you're all probably bored of my emails by now ;) 

I also heard about the shooting in Las Vegas. Wow. I was speechless when I read my mom's and friend's emails. I'm praying for everyone in Las Vegas that was effected by the shooting. It's times like these where I am especially grateful for the gospel and the hope and light it brings. 
愛しています、
Wunderli姉妹

Sorry for the lack of pics also. Whoops. 
1. MLC (missionary leadership council)
2. NABEKO came to church :) 
3. Sushi bowl. I have an addiction.
4. I love Sara so much. Also kou kyoudai has been a member for 2 months but he's the best member present ever. What a homie. 






As always, feel free to share your thoughts or questions in the comments section and thanks for your support.  Jordan loves the emails, snail mail,  and thoughts and prayers on her behalf.  Next week the blog post will likely be later than normal since I'll be on my hunt for an elk to put some fresh meat in my freezer.  Make it a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment