Sunday, April 9, 2017

Gorner Shimai is getting transferred after I finally get her name right!!

Jordan was hoping that she and Gorner Shimai could stay together for one more transfer but it didn't work out that way.  What did work out is that she is now companions with Domino Shimai who she got to know and REALLY liked in Niigata.  She was Jordan's training leader when Jordan would got to Niigata for splits and zone conferences.  The other cool thing about this transfer is that Domino Shimai taught Kiriko up in Niigata so she'll be able to be there for her baptism.  This was probably the best possible scenario for Jordan in terms of transfers outside of Gorner Shimai staying one more time.   The word of the week has got to be one of her favorite.  Enjoy the email and feel free to share your thoughts and questions.

こんにちは、
I'M STAYING IN KUMAGAYA FOR ANOTHER TRANSFER!! This morning was so unproductive for us, Sister Gorner and I were basically freaking out the whole time up until president Nagano called us. 
Let me give you a quick recap:
6:30am: wake up, the freaking out has already started because I happened to have a dream about transfers...
7:00am: trying to focus on cleaning but still freaking out
8:30am: phone rings and we freak out...it's just Engrid
9:25am: phone rings again and we freak out again...it's Engrid again 
9:47am: phone rings again and it's the Niigata Sisters this time 
9:50am: still no call and now I'm on the floor freaking out 
9:52am: phone rings and it's president Nagano... 
Sister Gorner will be transferring (noooo) and I'll be staying (yayyy) and my new companion will be Sister Domino (she was my sister training leaders for 3 transfers and we joked about us being companions at some point, so I'm way excited!! 

GENERAL CONFERENCE:
This past weekend was general conference weekend for everyone in Japan  (they have it a week later so they have time for translating), but it was amazing! I loved general conference and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have to listen to the prophet and apostles. If you haven't watched it, it's on lds.org and it's so worth watching! 

KIRIKO HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE:
We went over to Kiriko's apartment and read the book of mormon with her. She loves reading from the Book of Mormon and we wanted to invite her to be baptized so we thought we'd combine the two and it worked out pretty well. We invited her to be baptized on the 16th and she said it was pretty fast but she thought she could do it (which she totally can). We asked her if she had any concerns concerning baptism and she said yes so my heart started beating and I was thinking oh no oh no oh no, but I kept my cool and preceded to ask what her concerns were. She then told us that she wants to have read more of the book of mormon before she gets baptized. What a great concern if that's even considered a concern haha. We asked her how we could help her with that and she asked us if we could message her everyday and remind her to read the book of mormon and send her a scripture to read. Well of course we agreed! 

The rest of the week was full of biking to and from places, visiting members and less actives, and just doing some good ole' missionary work.  I love this work and I'm so excited to be able to work for another transfer in Kumagaya!! Have a blessed week! 

Word of the week:
Word: zou
Pronunciation: zo (long o)
Meaning: elephant 

愛しています、 
Wunderli Shimai 

Pics: 
1. Just shoveling natto down my beloved companion's throat for zone pday last week
2. Zone selfie 
3-6: We made chocolate roses for a ward activity 
7. Bike ride views
8. Japan in a picture - vending machine and Sakura
9 and 10: more Sakura 
11. Just writing a member a note 












In 4 days, Jordan will have been out for 9 months - her midpoint.  While I miss her dearly, I feel as close to her as ever and the first nine months have gone by pretty quickly; I'm hopeful the back nine (I'm not much of a golfer but I couldn't resist the temptation to throw in a sports metaphor) goes just as fast.  Thanks again for your thoughts, prayers, emails and snail mail you send to her.  She really loves and appreciates them all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment