Monday, June 19, 2017

I'm a Missionary!!

Another week is in the books for Sister Jordan Wunderli and she seems to have a better perspective on her position as a Sister Training Leader.  She seemed very happy, which is always a good thing.  I love the story at the end - Chris (my wife, Jordan's mom) told me about this as she was getting the contact information so that Jordan could call her and it was so cool that Jordan would serve a mission 13 (or so) years after this young lady had stayed with a good LDS family who happen to become friends with my wife via their tennis league 4 or 5 years ago.  There is a purpose for why things happen; sometimes it just takes time to see the purpose.  Thanks for reading and enjoy.

こんにちは、
This whole mission thing is insane. I feel like I learn 500 life lessons in one day!! This is amazing!!

Takadanobaba teaching station:
I've mentioned before that the church recently bought the 2nd floor of a building that's right in the center of like 20 different colleges as a place to teach English, and up until this week we've only been using it to teach a couple of private lessons. Well this week we joined with the Elders and we taught a class of 15+ college students. This is every missionary's dream (at least in the Japan Tokyo mission). Wow it was amazing getting to teach so many young people at once. We're going to be teaching there every Friday now!! 

Life as an STL:
As an STL sometimes we don't have as much time to focus on investigators, finding, and members, or basically anything you think a missionary should focus on. Instead we focus on other missionaries, their needs, and planning for them. What Sister Her and I realized this week and something I've had a hard time learning, is that this is still missionary work. In fact it's just as important as the other aspects of missionary work. I need constant reminders of this because sometimes I sink back into my "Wow I don't even feel like a missionary anymore" thoughts and that's not the case at all. One thing remains true in both being an STL and a normal missionary: when you focus on the people, and turn outwards, that's when you're the happiest. When I truly focus on helping each sister, that's when I feel the happiest. I'm still a missionary. And more than that, I'm still a happy missionary. 

Vegas baby:
A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from one of my mom's friends in Las Vegas saying that a lady that did a homestay with her family a few years back wants to meet with us. I got in touch with her and we were able to have a lesson with her this past week. She had such positive experiences with the church and knew so much (she even went on trek - way Mormon). She said she loved the activities with the youth that she did and just how nice everyone was. It's been 13 years or so since she did her homestay, but she still remembers the feelings she felt and the good things she learned. The church made such an impact on her whether she fully realizes it or not. It just made me think how big of an impact we can make on everyone by simply living the gospel and letting others see our light that comes from that. As for Saki (that's her name), she needs to get permission from her husband before she starts learning more about the church. 

Word of the week:
Word: pera pera 
Pronunciation: peh-da peh-da 
Meaning: fluent (in a language) 

Serve someone this week; you'll be happier for it. 
愛しています、
Wunderli Shimai 

Pics:
1and2: We went on a Ferris wheel for zone pday
3.Tokyo story 
4. Ferris wheel 
5. A bridge
6. Ward members ❤❤❤
7. So Japanese....
8. Kids eikaiwa!!
9. The Ferris wheel!!
10. We also had a sand "temple" building contest and we built the provo temple and we won よし。











As always, we appreciate your support via your positive thoughts, prayers, email and snail mail.  Feel free to share your thoughts and questions in the comments section.  We'll be back for more next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment