Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tokyo Temple, Tokyo Tower

The post this week is later than normal because Jordan got a Temple p-day and since the temples are closed on Mondays, here p-day was switched to Tuesday.  Additionally, she didn't email until about 7:30 p.m. her time which means we started receiving emails at 3:30 a.m. our time so, needless to say, I didn't get to email back and forth with her.  I got some responses to emails I sent during the week and I got her weekly email which you will see in a minute has some EXCELLENT news.  Enjoy.

こんにちは, 
We had p-day on Tuesday instead of Monday this week because we got to go to the temple!! I hadn't had a temple Pday yet because I've been in the farthest zone in the mission. Well I just love the temple so much!! Don't ever take it for granted, especially if you have one close to you; it is a HUGE BLESSING. I'm so thankful for the temple and the beautiful spirit it has. 

Ingrid has a baptismal date!!
We went out to lunch with Ingrid again this week and we taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We asked her if she wanted to get baptized and she said yes, but she doesn't feel like she's good enough to get baptized so we really went over repentance and testified that we know that she can be ready for baptism. We asked her if she would prepare to get baptized on February 26 (just happens to be my brothers birthday too), and she said she thought it was quick but that she would really try and be ready by then. 

Kiyoko: 
It takes all of my brain power to teach Kiyoko. She is so hard to understand, so we have to spend 5 minutes looking up words she says. I feel so bad! But she's doing great and is progressing. We taught her the restoration and then told us that she believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is the real prophet today. We asked her if she wants to get baptized and she said yes, but she has to be coming to church and right now she works on only Saturdays and Sundays so we're going to have to talk with her about that.  

Keigo: 
Still trying to get his mom on board with his baptism... he prayed that she would let him get baptized! And he came to sacrament meeting this Sunday (usually he only comes to primary). Whenever he forgets to keep a commitment he was given, the first thing he does when he comes out of his house for the lesson is say, "oh no I forgot!!" He always follows up with himself, it's great! We had a lesson with him and his mom and talked to her about him getting baptized and she told us that when he's older then he can decide. Not the answer we were hoping for, but we just need to trust that everything is in the Lord's timing whether that means him getting baptized on his scheduled date or later.

I'm so blessed to be a missionary for the Lord in such an amazing country. I love Japan. I love these people. I love the heated toilet seats. I love the food. I love this gospel. I love this work. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

愛しています, 
Wunderli Shimai 

Pics: 
1,2,3,4,5: TOKYO TOWER WHATTTTT 
6: These random ladies stopped us and made us try on kimonos lol yoshi 
7. Indi curry 
8. Cool flowers 
9. The temple!! 
10. Look what we found in the vending machine outside of our apartment, it had been over 5 months!  











On a side note, I can't help but think how much the Tokyo Tower looks like the Eifel Tower.  As always, thanks for your support in the form of your thoughts, prayers, email and snail mail.  She appreciates it as do we.  More Pictures:

First 3 are the park across the temple
Temple
Fries with chocolate sauce 
Ingrid
Keigo and candy we taught him tithing 
We were in a 2 person elevator 









No comments:

Post a Comment